Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore, and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education, and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally focused, socially conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Head Patroller, Waterfront Lifeguards are energetic customer service-oriented individuals who are passionate about providing a safe swimming and beach experience to their guests. The Waterfront Lifeguards implement the waterfront related risk reduction programs at Kelso Conservation Area’s Beach to ensure our guests have a fun and safe visit. Kelso Conservation Area boasts visitation numbers in excess of 150,000 during a summer season, the majority of which use the waterfront facilities, picnic & camp sites and our trail system.
- Certified as a Lifeguard (Waterfront preferred)
- Must be able to certify as a Waterfront Lifeguard
- Lifesaving Instructor/Examiner Certification and Swim Instructor Certification preferred
- Previous waterfront experience is an asset
- Starting at $15.05 per hour; part time and full time; hours may vary
- Expected Start Date – May 2021
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment
- You will work with a creative, talented, and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food, and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.