Challenge Course Facilitator
Challenge Course Facilitator
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore, and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education, and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally focused, socially conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
We’re looking for personable, responsible, and fun individuals who are interested in joining us as staff on our Challenge Course. Challenge Course staff will assist with the safe operation and facilitation of our Aerial Ropes Course and Climbing Tower.
- Provide safe and enjoyable visitor experiences on Kelso’s Challenge Course through proper course maintenance and operations, as well as creative and fun facilitation.
- Deliver program and experience content to guests using the Challenge Course Facility; including but not limited to Summer Camps, Day Use Visitors, Corporate and School Groups, Special Events Groups, etc.
- Able to work schedules which include day shifts, afternoon / evening shifts, as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ensure the facility operates safely by conducting daily and weekly maintenance and inspections as required.
- Cleaning/Sanitizing of course facilities and participant gear
- Park maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with Ropes Course or Challenge Courses an asset.
- Certification and Training as a Challenge Course Facilitator or Amusement Device Operator a strong asset.
- Other employment in a position working with or providing education / supervision to children an asset.
- Must be at least 16 years of age to be considered.
- Enrollment or completion of a College or University stream relating to recreation, teaching, sport, or similar an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is required prior to the first day of employment
- Strong leadership, communication, and cooperative skills required for mentorship of other staff, and campers
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work evenings as required
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to submit a valid Vulnerable Sector Check. It is recommended that anyone wishing to apply commence sourcing this in advance.
- Starting at $14.25 per hour
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment with no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented, and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food, and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.