Operations (General Labour)
Operations (General Labour)
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore, and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education, and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Members of the Operations Team (General Labour) are energetic individuals who love working outside. They are responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to complete maintenance, sanitation and disinfection throughout Conservation Halton Parks. The successful candidate will be comfortable working at any CH designated area. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Collect and transport garbage and recyclable material for disposal/processing
- Clean washrooms, vault toilets, showers, and all other public use areas
- Move supplies, picnic tables and equipment as directed in the area
- Assist with the setup, takedown and running of special events and functions
- Assist in traffic direction and parking within the park
- Setting up of seasonal operations as directed
- Work in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals such as Covid-19 PPE protocols.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Able to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
- Available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week (including evenings and weekends)
- G license considered an asset with clean driving abstract
- Estimated start – May 2021
- Starting at $14.25 per hour
- Part time and full time hours available; hours may vary depending on availability
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment
- You will work with a creative, talented, and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to all Conservation Halton parks and trails
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food, and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.