Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Explain proper use of ski and snowboard rental equipment as well as general safety practices
- Ensure that skis and snowboards pass visual inspection and that all issued equipment meets proper safety protocols
- Greet guests with a positive attitude and respond to customer inquiries, concerns, etc.
- Assist guests with sizing and fitting of appropriate ski/snowboard equipment while maximizing comfort and safety
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and filed according to Rental Department protocols
- Prepare and receive returned rental equipment
- Follow proper reservation check-in/out procedures
- Work flexible shifts with varying hours, depending on factors such as weather and visitation levels
- Work in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals such as Covid-19 PPE protocols
- Perform other duties as required to contribute to the team effort and achieve the objectives of the department and Conservation Halton
- Previous related experience considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, completing a variety of tasks as required
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience in point of sale procedures is an asset
- Knowledge of conservation areas and recreational programming is an asset
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule considered an asset (evenings, overnights and holidays)
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
- Starting at $14.35 per hour
- Position offers part time to full time hours throughout the season
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion - We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation - We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from
others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service - We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration - We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability - We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity - We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience - We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
To apply, please click the link below.
Please have your resume ready to complete your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.