Mrs. Claus – Mountsberg Conservation Area
Mrs. Claus – Mountsberg Conservation Area
Contract, Seasonal – Starting November 2021
Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Do you have a twinkle in your eye? A penchant for the colour red? An affinity for warm cookies?
Conservation Halton is hiring for the role of Mrs. Claus. We are searching for individuals brimming with the Christmas spirit to provide lasting memories for families at the 2021 edition of Mountsberg’s popular Christmas Town event!
The secret ingredient to making Christmas Town magic happen each year is our people. Our warm and friendly team works together to make Christmas magical for children of all ages and abilities.
Reporting to the Education Manager, this authentic individual would play the part of Mrs. Claus and provide lasting memories for families taking part in the Christmas Town experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bringing to life the role of Mrs. Claus and interacting with children and their families in a virtual setting
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Maintaining the authenticity of costume and role at all times while in public view
- General maintenance (daily set up and light cleaning) of Mrs. Claus’s Kitchen and program equipment
- Working cooperatively with other park staff to ensure an authentic and rewarding experience for all program participants
- Work in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals such as Covid-19 PPE protocols
- Perform other duties as required to contribute to the team effort and achieve the objectives of the department and Conservation Halton
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to adapt to the daily challenges associated with a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with young children
- Experience with Zoom or Microsoft Teams an asset
- Theatre experience is an asset
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to submit a valid Vulnerable Sector Check. It is recommended that anyone wishing to apply commence sourcing this in advance.
- Salary range $16.22-$21.06 per hour (based on experience) based on 15-35-hours per week. *This position involves working scheduled hours weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- You will work in stunning natural settings and inspiring heritage buildings
- You will work with a creative, talented and welcoming team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion - We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation - We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from
others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service - We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration - We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability - We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity - We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience - We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
To apply, please click the link below.
Please have your resume ready to complete your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.