Snow School Instructor (GE)
SNOW SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR (GE)
Contract, Seasonal (Approximately October to March)
Glen Eden is a Ski and Snowboard Centre that is operated by Conservation Halton. Situated on the Niagara Escarpment in Milton, it is the premier skiing and boarding destination in the GTA.
We are seeking Snow School Instructors for the 2021 – 2022 ski season. As a Snow School Instructor, you will play a key role in supporting education, programs and safety both on and off the hill.
If you are passionate about the sport of skiing and eager to inspire, mentor, and develop young athletes to empower the future of the sport, then this is a great opportunity for you!
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Being responsible for the instruction of the Ski/Snowboard lessons to which you are assigned
- Providing for the care, safety, well-being and personal development of students of all ages/ability levels
- Assisting in organizing of classes and such other duties that ensure the smooth running of Snow School programs at Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre
- Being responsible for keeping records, including lesson attendance, class ability levels, material covered and incidents that may occur
- Providing ongoing feedback to parents/participants regarding their progression in lessons
- Attending all required training sessions both on and off hill
- Ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and operational throughout the season including cleaning/sanitizing of products and equipment related to program
- Working in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals such as Covid-19 PPE protocols.
- Performing other duties as required to contribute to the team effort and achieve the objectives of the department and Conservation Halton.
- Certified and current member of CSIA or CASI, and CSCF where applicable
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills to work with the Public
- Experience teaching skiing or snowboarding with the Glen Eden Snow School, or another reputable snow school is an asset
- Other employment in a position working with or providing education / supervision to children an asset
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to submit a valid Vulnerable Sector Check. It is recommended that anyone wishing to apply commence sourcing this in advance
- Ability to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
- Starting at $15.25 per hour based on experience and qualifications
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
- Uniform (jacket) provided for the season
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion - We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation - We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from
others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service - We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration - We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability - We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity - We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience - We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
To apply, please click the link below.
Please have your resume ready to complete your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
About Conservation Halton
Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!