Challenge Course Lead
Challenge Course Lead
Conservation Halton Parks, Seasonal Contract
Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Reporting to Coordinator, Recreation programs, the Challenge Course Lead will:
- Contribute to the successful operation of the Kelso Challenge Course
- Coordinate staff, supplies and perform routine checks on the Challenge Course and equipment
- Coordinate visitation with internal and external day camps and group bookings
- Schedule staff and assist with administrative tasks
- Provide initial training and on-going mentorship to the staff team throughout the season
- Assist with the long-term improvement and development of CH challenge course by working with the Coordinator, Recreation Programs on program content, program development, staff training, etc
- Work in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals such as Covid-19 PPE protocols.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work flexible schedule that includes day, afternoon/evening shifts, as well as weekends and holidays
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Strong leadership, communication, and cooperative skills required to provide mentorship to staff, and campers
- Experience working with Ropes Course or Challenge Courses is an asset.
- Certification and Training as a Challenge Course Facilitator or Amusement Device Operator a strong asset.
- Previous experience with providing education/supervision to children is an asset.
- Enrollment or completion of a College or University stream relating to recreation, teaching, sport, or similar an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is required prior to the first day of employment
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds (19 kilos), stand, and walk for long periods
- Successful candidate will be required to have Standard First Aid and CPR certification prior to first day of employment
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSS), to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
- Starting at $16.81 per hour
- Part time and full time hours available; hours may vary depending on availability
- Interviews are expected to begin in March and the position’s expected start date is April 2022
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Halton and Conservation Ontario parks
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion – We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation – We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from
others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service – We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration – We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability – We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity – We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience – We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
Please have your resume ready to complete your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact email@example.com .
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.