Program Instructor, Recreation Programs
Program Instructor, Recreation Programs
Conservation Halton Parks, Seasonal Contract
Conservation Halton was established more than 60 years ago to protect our communities from flooding and erosion and manage and restore natural resources of the watershed. We have grown to become so much more. Today, it is our responsibility to prepare our communities for the impacts of climate change, support our partners in creating more sustainable communities, manage our natural areas and resources within the watershed, monitor and enhance the environmental health of our watershed and create opportunities to connect with nature through recreation and education.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Reporting to Coordinator, Recreation Programs and the Recreation Programs Supervisor, the Program Instructor – Recreation Programs will:
- Possess a keen interest and/or experience in one or more of the following:
- Team Building
- Other recreation-based activity
- Deliver safe and engaging recreation program content to our guests
- Assist with the development and implementation of innovative new programs to meet the changing needs of the community
- Maintain program equipment, supplies, and signage
- Perform related duties in other Conservation Halton parks or at community-based venues, as required
- Perform light cleaning duties as assigned
- Other related duties as assigned
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in teaching in an outdoor recreation setting
- Proven commitment to providing superior customer service
- Previous experience in recreation programming an asset
- Able to adapt to the daily challenges associated with a busy outdoor recreation centre
- Able to develop, foster, and sustain effective working relationships within the department and other Conservation Halton staff
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to submit a valid Vulnerable Sector Check. It is recommended that anyone wishing to apply commence sourcing this in advance.
- Starting at $15.25 per hour
- Part time and full time hours available; hours may vary depending on availability
- Interviews are expected to begin in April and the position’s expected start date is May 2022
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Halton and Conservation Ontario parks
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion – We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation – We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from
others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service – We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration – We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability – We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity – We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience – We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
Please have your resume ready to complete your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact email@example.com .
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.