Green Space: Newcomer Youth Climate Forum
The Green Space: Newcomer Youth Climate Forum is a program for those aged 15-29 to learn more about climate change and ways to reduce their community’s carbon footprint. Launched in partnership with an RBC Tech for Nature grant, Conservation Halton is excited to offer learning and volunteer opportunities to program participants.
Participants will gain the knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to take on leadership roles within local climate action initiatives through two monthly workshops running September 2021 to June 2022.
Through interactive workshops participants will:
- Gain background knowledge about the current climate crisis and its local and global impact
- Learn how to use technology to collect and interpret environmental data
- Participate in nature-based climate solutions (e.g., tree planting, invasive species removal)
- Learn about Ontario’s plants and animals through outdoor learning opportunities
- Explore career paths related to climate science
If you are interested and would like to learn more, please contact the Program Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications Open: August 1st, 2021
Applications Close: September 22nd, 2021
The project is being completed in partnership with: