Maple Town has been cancelled for the 2020 season. Click here to learn more.
Wondering when spring will arrive? Stop looking to groundhogs and robins for predictions of the thaw, at Conservation Halton we say look to the trees! The maple sap is about to flow and Mountsberg and Crawford Lake Conservation Areas are firing up for Maple Town and Sweet Water Season, a unique celebration of maple traditions in Ontario. March is the month for all things maple! Mountsberg’s Maple Town runs February 29 until April 5, 2020 on weekends and March Break from 10am - 4pm each day. Maple Town is free with regular gate admission or a Halton Parks Membership.
February 29 until April 5, 2020 (weekends and March Break) Mountsberg Conservation Area welcomes visitors to the working sugar bush at Maple Town and Crawford Lake Conservation Area presents Sweet Water Season, a celebration of the Indigenous heritage of maple sugaring.
Want to kick your maple experience up a notch? Join us for one of these special events!.
Have you ever wanted to tap a tree and learn how to make syrup at home? Come to the Sugarmaker’s Breakfast, February 29 & March 1 (pre-registration required).
A Taste of Maple
Chef Johl Whiteduck Ringuette of NishDish Marketeria will be delivering this unique opportunity to learn more about Indigenous foods, maple sugaring, and Indigenous food soveriegnty in the longhouse on March 28th! Come to learn and then stay for some delicious tastings off the NishDish menu and some taffy on snow. (pre-regstration required)
The sugar bush at Mountsberg’s Maple Town has been producing maple magic for more than 150 years and educating the public for over 30 years.
The park will tap about 400 trees this spring and the watery sap will be magically transformed into sweet maple syrup in the Sugar Shanty. How will it be served? Over piping hot pancakes in the Pancake House, of course! Maple, candy tasting, taffy on snow, guided wagon rides and tours of the sugar bush with Conservation Halton’s knowledgeable staff round out the Maple Town experience.
Of course, a trip to Mountsberg wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Raptor Centre. The birds of prey will be stretching their wings in the outdoor theatre (weather permitting) as they greet visitors during shows at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm. Then take a stroll on the wheelchair friendly trail around the centre to learn more about these amazing creatures.
- See how sap is magically transformed into sweet, sticky syrup and smell the fragrant steam rising from simmering kettles (10am-4pm)
- Learn the secrets of Maple Candy making and taste FREE candy samples (10am-4pm)
- Enjoy piping hot pancakes smothered in fresh maple syrup outdoors in our pavilion nestled in the woods (10am-4pm)
- Climb, jump, and run in the Play Barn (10am-4pm)
- See inspiring birds of prey demonstrations in the Raptor Centre at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
- View eagles, hawks, falcons, and owls along the Wildlife Walkway (park open to close)
- *ALSO* Enjoy guided wagon rides through the sugar bush (10am-3:30pm) and Taffy on Snow (11am-4pm) -additional fee applies
- Check our event calendar to join in on additional fun activies!