DEER CLAN LONGHOUSE AT CRAWFORD LAKE
The Deer Clan longhouse will be closed to the public starting September 13, 2021 for a short period of time due to maintenance. The longhouse will re-open as soon as possible.
TRAIL CLOSURES AT HILTON FALLS DUE TO CONSTRUCTION:
Starting Monday, July 12, 2021 we will be beginning construction on the eastern part of Hilton Falls park. For the safety of our visitors there will be some closures until approximately September 30, 2021. The Beaver Dam Trail (purple trail), the east side of the red trail, and the south side of the Bent Rim Trail (green) in addition to the Bruce Side Trail will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ACCESS TO TRAIL NETWORK FROM KELSO MAIN LIMITED ON TUESDAYS
Please be aware that access to the Trail Network from Kelso Main will be reserved for participants of the Kelso MTB Challenge 2021 series on Tuesdays after 2pm through the summer. For more information and to register, click here.
TRAIL CLOSURES DUE TO EAB TREE REMOVAL:
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an invasive species that infects and kills Ash trees and this is creating hazards for the public. Our forestry team will be removing hazardous or damaged trees along certain areas of trails at Conservation Halton Parks, Mondays through Fridays 8am to 4pm. While tree removal is carried out, sections of trails will be closed to the public for safety reasons. Signs will be posted.
The Administration Office is closed. This means that we are not accepting walk-in meetings or hosting or attending external meetings. Our staff are available to assist you by email and phone. Well water samples are not being collected at this time. Please leave deliveries at the door.
PLANNING & REGULATIONS
Our Planning & Regulations team is able to assist with electronic planning and permit submissions. Here is what you can expect :
We will serve you digitally
- Staff is available via email, video conference or phone. Please email us with any questions or if you would like to set up a time for a virtual meeting. Continue to reach out directly to your contact on the Planning & Regulations team for file specific matters. General inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions can be made digitally, as well as payments – there are several options so please consult with your contact at Conservation Halton. If paper files are to be dropped off, please make arrangements with us beforehand.
- Permits and correspondence will be issued electronically via email.
- You can help us by prioritizing your business-critical needs, ensuring submissions are complete, on time and digital where possible, and by bearing with us as we adapt our business operations.
We will keep you informed
- Staff will keep the lines of communication open and will inform you on the status of our review and your application. We will also keep you up to date if there are any changes on when our office will re-open to the public.
For the safety of our community, it is critical that we support global and local efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. We will provide the best service that we can during these uncertain times. We appreciate your understanding and will return to normal operations as soon as possible.