Volunteering for Trees For Watershed Health
Conservation Halton is holding a fall community tree planting event on Sunday, September 9, 2018. We welcome all individuals, families, and small groups to participate. No prior planting experience is required. The event is free of charge and includes a continental breakfast for all registrants.
Sunday, September 9, 2018
- 9 am - Registration Opens and breakfast available.
- 9:30 a.m. - Welcoming Remarks and Tree Planting Instructions
- 9:45 to 11:45 a.m. - Tree planting
201 Old Guelph Road
Hamilton, ON L7P L9H 5X6
Volunteers are asked to remember to:
Arrive & sign-in between 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. at Hopkins Tract; planting begins shortly after 9:30 a.m. Address: 201 Old Guelph Road, Hamilton, ON L9H 5X6
Dress appropriately and bring rainboots. The site will be wet and muddy, so prepare to get a little dirty.
- Bring a shovel/spade for each member of your group, gloves if you have them as well as sunscreen or a hat if it’s sunny.
- Bring your own water in a refillable water bottle.
- Continental Breakfast including coffee and juice will be available upon arriva.
- Each individual (or group) will be assigned to a planting location upon arrival.
- This is a pet free event. We ask that you please do not bring your pets with you. This is to ensure the comfort and safety of all our participants.
- Washroom will be available on site.
- Keep in mind that we are all getting together to help promote the regeneration of wildlife habitat and re-naturalize the environment and should try and reduce our impact on the natural environment. Please be cautious as you walk through the site to avoid stepping on existing vegetation and tree seedlings from previous plantings and kindly avoid bringing any items to the event that may end up going to the landfill as garbage.
We look forward to your participation on Sunday, September 9, 2018.